This is actually a vague list of what I will be reading over summer. Please note that I am reading two of them currently.
- Laughable Loves – Milan Kundera
- The unbearable lightness of being – Milan Kundera
- Prince of Ayodhya and 3 more parts of the series – Ashok K. Banker
- The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana – Umberto Eco
- The Island of Day Before – Umberto Eco
- Inferno- Dante
- My Name is Red – Orhan Pamuk
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the night time – Mark Haddon
- Jawaharlal Nehru An Autobiography
- Snow – Orhan Pamuk
Now, out of the ten mentioned above, I have already read My name is Red by Orhan Pamuk maybe twice or thrice. It is one of my favorite books and I plan to re-read it this summer.
I am currently reading the unbearable lightness of being by Milan Kundera and I just began The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco . I personally do not recommend reading more than one book at a time because I personally feel you cannot be completely absorbed in a book when you are having a fling with another. But there is something peculiar about The unbearable lightness of being. It is very textually rich and heavy in matter and every time I read it I cannot get past 6-7 pages because it actually leaves my head a bit heavy. It provokes thoughts I never knew I could have. It invigorates a process in my mind that brings my mind to unrest. (Did that make sense) All I know is it does something that I cannot express in words for those are strong emotions we are talking about.
This is the reason why I am reading another book (The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana – Umberto Eco) along with it, which calms the unrest in my mind. I have just started it, so it is a bit early to comment on it. But I will keep you posted.
If there are any books you would like to suggest, please feel free to drop a comment.